Brooke, Rupert, 1887-1915.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence by and about the author, notebooks, diaries for 1907 through 1913, and a photographic portrait of the author. The manuscripts and typescripts include holographs of poems, and a typescript of a play. It contains works relating to the author in manuscript and typescript by Lascelles Abercrombie, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Edward Shanks,and Lytton Strachey, as well as an undated notebook of Frances Cornford and Sir Sydney Philip Perigal Waterlow's two-volume diary. Correspondence by the author dates from 1905 to 1915, to James Strachey, Lytton Strachey, Dudley Ward, Lady Eileen Wellesley, and others. It also contains letters relating to the author, from 1912 to 1937, betweenvarious correspondents including Lascelles Abercrombie, André Gide, John Masefield, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Virginia Woolf and others. There are also letters to Brooke from Francis MacDonald Cornord, Gwen Darwin, Dickson Dodds, Margery Olivier, James Elroy Flecker, JamesStrachey, and Lytton Strachey, dating from 1905 through 1915.
Rupert Brooke was an English poet, playwright, and essayist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Brooke, Rupert, 1887-1915.
- Brooke, Rupert, 1887-1915 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938.
- Churchill, Winston, Sir, 1874-1965.
- Cornford, Frances Darwin, 1886-1960.
- Darwin, Gwen.
- Dodds, Dickson.
- Flecker, James Elroy, 1884-1915.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Olivier, Margery.
- Shanks, Edward, 1892-1953.
- Strachey, James.
- Strachey, Lytton, 1880-1932.
- Waterlow, Sydney, 1878-1944.
- Ward, Dudley.
- Wellesley, Eileen, Lady.
- Gide, André, 1869-1951.
- Masefield, John, 1878-1967.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Cornford, Frances Darwin, 1886-1960. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo
- Olivier, Margaret (Cox), Lady. fmo
- Strachey, James. fmo
- Wellesley, Eileen, Lady. fmo