American Stage Design
Billy Rose Theatre Division
- 179 slides in 1 box: color; 10.5X16 in.
Consists of 179 color slides primarily of set designs, butalso some costume designs, for various productions. The work of forty three designers is represented. Designers with at least six slides are: Boris Aronson, Lemuel Ayers,Norman Bel Geddes, Claude Bragdon, Stewart Chaney, Albert Johnson, Robert Edmond Jones, Jo Mielziner, Donald Oenslager, Richard Rychtarik, Lee Simonson, and Oliver Smith. Also includes three by unknown designers includingthe earliest work in the collection: a melodrama poster, n.d., probably from the mid-19th century.
Controlled Access Terms
- Aronson, Boris, 1900-1980.
- Ayers, Lemuel.
- Bragdon, Claude Fayette, 1866-1946.
- Chaney, Stewart.
- Geddes, Norman Bel, 1893-1958.
- Johnson, Albert, 1910-1967.
- Jones, Robert Edmond, 1887-1954.
- Mielziner, Jo, 1901-1976.
- Oenslager, Donald, 1902-1975.
- Rychtarik, Richard.
- Simonson, Lee, 1888-1967.
- Smith, Oliver Lemuel, 1918-1994.
- Costume design.
- Theaters -- Stage-setting and scenery.
- Costume design drawings.
- Set design drawings.