Albee, Edward, 1928-
Billy Rose Theatre Division
The written permission of Albee is necessary for access tothe collection. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Collection consists entirely of scripts of original plays and adaptations from the early career of playwright EdwardAlbee. It includes typescripts and proofs, many with handwritten revisions, and in various versions. Plays included in the collection are THE ZOO STORY, THE DEATH OFBESSIE SMITH, THE AMERICAN DREAM, WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIAWOOLF?, FAM AND YAM, TINY ALICE, A DELICATE BALANCE, BOX and QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO, and the adaptations: THEBALLAD OF THE SAD CAFE, MALCOLM, EVERYTHING IN THE GARDEN,and a musical adaptation of BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S. Also includes some unfinished and untitled manuscripts.
American author, director and producer, Edward Albee has won numerous awards for his plays.
Controlled Access Terms
- Albee, Edward, 1928-
- American drama -- 20th century.
Additional Creator Names
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Breakfast at Tiffany's.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Everything in the garden.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Malcolm.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Ballad of the sad cafe.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Box and Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Death of Bessie Smith.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Delicate balance.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Tiny Alice.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. American dream.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Zoo story.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Fam and Yam.
- Albee, Edward, 1928-. Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?