- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Richard Harris Barham collection of papers, [1798?]-1930 bulk ([1827?]-1845)
Ingoldsby, Thomas, 1788-1845.
- 258 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, correspondence, an undated galley proof, notebooks and commonplace books dating from [1798?] through 1845, financial documents, portraits, and pictorial works. The manuscripts include poems, directions for illustrating various works, portions of novels, essays, and translations, as well as a poem, "[The Devil's Walk?]", attributed to Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and poems by GeorgeRaymond with manuscript notes by Barham.
The correspondence includes letters from Barnham, datingfrom 1828 to 1845, to Richard Bentley, Dr. Thomas Hume, and others, as well as letters relating to the author, dating from [1839?] to 1930, between various correspondents, including Richard Bentley, George Cruikshank, John Leech, Michael Sadleir, Gabriel Wells, and others. There are letters to the author by William Henry Ainsworth, Richard Bentley, George Cruikshank, Edward Raleigh Moran, William Makepeace Thackeray, and others, dating from 1829 to 1843.
Richard Harris Barham was an English novelist, literary and drama critic, lecturer, and short-story writer. He wrote under the pseudonym Thomas Ingoldsby.
Controlled Access Terms
- Ingoldsby, Thomas, 1788-1845.
- Ingoldsby, Thomas, 1788-1845 -- Portraits.
- Commonplace books.
- Galley proofs.
Additional Creator Names
- Bentley, Richard, 1794-1871.
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834.
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878.
- Hume, Thomas, Dr.
- Leech, John, 1817-1864.
- Raymond, George.
- Sadleir, Michael, 1888-1957.
- Wells, Gabriel, 1862-1946.
- Berg, Albert Ashton, 1872-1950. fmo
- Berg, Henry W., 1858-1938. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Townsend, J. Barton (John Barton), b. 1865. fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo
- Eccles, Mary Hyde. dnr
- Hyde, Donald Frizell, 1909-1966. dnr