Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
The Roberta Yancy Civil Rights Collection contains material generated by the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee and other organizations. Collection contains historical data, correspondence, reports, writings, speeches by Stokely Carmichael, James Forman and John Lewis, along with publications, manuscripts of freedom songs and calendars generated by Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee -SNCC (1960-1968). Also included isprinted material from the Child Development Group of Mississippi (1966-67); Council of Federated Organizations (1964); Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (1964); the Southern Education and Research Institute (n.d.); a list of "Black Elected Officials in the Southern States" compiled by the Voter Education Project of the Southern Regional Council (1969) and a "National Roster of Black Elected Officials" from the Joint Center for Political Studies (1971).
Controlled Access Terms
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States.
- African American college students -- Political activity.
- African American student movements.
- African American politicians.
- African Americans -- Education.
- United States -- Race relations.
Additional Creator Names
- Carmichael, Stokely.
- Forman, James, 1928-2005.
- Lewis, John, 1940 Feb. 21-
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Child Development Group of Mississippi.
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- Southern Institute for Education and Research.
- Voter Education Project (Southern Regional Council)
- Joint Center for Political Studies (U.S.)