- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
C.P.T. White Papers, 1912-1927.
White, C. P. T.
- 13 items (2 folders)
The C.P.T. White Papers include information about Baptist church activities, including a notebook of minutes of the 26th annual Sandy River Baptist Sunday School convention held in 1912. There is a handwritten account taken from the first issue of the first minutes of Gethsemane BaptistChurch held at the Gethsemane Baptist Church in Chester, South Carolina in 1867. In addition, the collection includes a program from the Women's Baptist Missionary andEducation Convention which met in 1921, and an appeal for funds from White for Friendship N.&I. College in Rock Hill,S.C. Also included are a poem written by White, a card with his photograph, and a copy of an open letter from Carter G. Woodson in the Journal of Negro History, 1927, with related cover letter.
C.P.T. White was the financial agent for the Friendship N.&I. College in Rock Hill, South Carolina, a religious institution operated under the auspices of the Baptists ofYork and Chester Counties which educated African American men and women. White was also involved in other Baptist Church affairs.
Controlled Access Terms
- White, C. P. T.
- Friendship N.&I. College (Rock Hill, S.C.)
- Sandy River Baptist Sunday School Convention (26th : 1912 : Fort Mill, S.C.)
- Gethsemane Baptist Church (Chester, S.C.)
- Baptist universities and colleges.
- African American Baptists.
- Baptist women.
- Baptists -- South Carolina.
- Baptist associations -- United States.
Additional Creator Name
- Schomburg NEH Automated Access to Special Collections Project.