Weston, George A. and Maudelle.
Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
- .2 lin. ft.
- Papers organized into two series: I George Weston; and II Maudelle Weston.
George Weston papers consist of correspondence, writings, printed material, and clippings concerning his career, theology, and politics. One folder pertains to the Pro-LadPaint company (Africa's Shadow Type Progressive Ladder Paint, Ltd.) and a paint to be made in Antigua especially for tropical climates. Biographical article on Weston by Lionel M. Yard, 1975, and sheet music and words by Weston for "Climbing Africa's Ladder." The Maudelle Weston seriesinclude programs and clippings pertaining to Mrs. Weston'scareer as a dancer during the 1940s-1960s.
George Weston was a minister of the African Orthodox Evangelical Mission, leader in the Garvey movement, and vice president of the Universal Negro Improvement Association. His wife, Maudelle Weston, was a dancer.
Controlled Access Terms
- Weston, George A., 1885-1973.
- Weston, Maudelle.
- Africa's Shadow Type Progressive Ladder Paint Co., Ltd.
- Universal Negro Improvement Association.
- African American families.
- African Americans -- Religion.
- Black theology.
- African American clergy.
- African American dancers.
- African Americans in the performing arts.
- African Americans -- Societies, etc.
- Back to Africa movement.
- African Americans -- Colonization -- Africa.
- Christian sects -- United States.
- Sheet music.
Additional Creator Names
- Yard, Lionel M.
- Preservation of the Black Religious Heritage Project funded by the Lilly Endowment.