Arnold, Matthew, 1822-1888.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and correspondence. The manuscripts include poems, essays,and notes about the author by Louise De la Ramée, Randall Jarrell, and Louis MacNeice. The correspondence, dating from 1857 to 1888, includes letters from the author to John Duke Coleridge, Edmund Gosse, William D. O'Connor, Stanhope Sprigg, and others, as well a letter from WilliamDouglas O'Connor to the author relating to Walt Whitman.
Matthew Arnold was an English literary critic, poet, and essayist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Arnold, Matthew, 1822-1888.
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
Additional Creator Names
- Coleridge, John Duke Coleridge, Baron, 1820-1894.
- Gosse, Edmund, 1849-1928.
- Jarrell, Randall, 1914-1965.
- MacNeice, Louis, 1907-1963.
- O'Connor, William Douglas, 1832-1889.
- Ouida, 1839-1908.
- Sprigg, Stanhope William.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Perry, Bliss, 1860-1954. fmo