Anderson, Sherwood, 1876-1941.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence, legal documents and portraits. The manuscripts and typescripts include an essay by the author, as well as essays about him by Susan Glaspell and Paul Rosenfeld. The correspondence, dating from 1922 to , includes letters from the author to Alfred Kazin, Lillian Marcus, Adrienne Monnier, Frances Steloff, and others, as well as a letter dated 1943 from Eleanor Anderson to Alfred Kazin relating to the author.
Sherwood Anderson was an American novelist and poet.
Controlled Access Terms
- Anderson, Sherwood, 1876-1941.
- Anderson, Sherwood, 1876-1941 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Anderson, Eleanor Copenhaver, d. 1985.
- Glaspell, Susan, 1876-1948.
- Kazin, Alfred, 1915-1998.
- Marcus, Lillian.
- Monnier, Adrienne.
- Rosenfeld, Paul, 1890-1946.
- Steloff, Frances, b. 1887.
- Monnier, Adrienne. fmo
- American Play Company. fmo