- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
A. Philip Randolph collection, 1940-1978.
Randolph, A. Philip (Asa Philip), 1889-
- 2.5 lin. ft.
Speeches, statements, and press releases related to A. Philip Randolph and his work with the labor movement, international and national politics, civil rights, the Brotherhood of Sleeping of Porters, the Fair Employment Practice Committee, and other activities as they relate toAfrican Americans. Randolph's personal financial records are included.
Civil rights leader and President of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters. Randolph died in 1979.
Controlled Access Terms
- Randolph, A. Philip (Asa Philip), 1889-
- United States. Committee on Fair Employment Practice.
- Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
- Labor unions -- Porters -- United States.
- African American labor union members.
- Labor unions -- Railroads -- United States.
- Working class -- United States.
- Labor laws and legislation -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Discrimination in employment -- United States.
- Civil rights workers.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Politics and government.