- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Lascelles Abercrombie collection of papers, 1911-1939.
Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938.
- 174 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of one manuscript and correspondence by and about the author. The manuscript is a copy of the poem, "R[upert] B[rooke]," in the hand of Sir Edward Howard Marsh. The correspondence consists of letters from the author, datingfrom 1911 to 1938, to John Freeman, Lady Gregory, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, de Vincheles Payen-Payne, and Isaac Rosenberg, as well as letters dating from  to 1939, relating to the author, between various correspondents including Richard Church, D. H. Lawrence, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, George M. Trevelyan, and others. Letters to the author from John Betjeman, Richard Church, Sir Sydney Carlyle Cockerell, Padraic Colum, Isaac Rosenberg, and others.
Lascelles Abercrombie was an English poet, playwright, andliterary critic.
Controlled Access Terms
- Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938.
Additional Creator Names
- Betjeman, John, 1906-1984.
- Church, Richard, 1893-
- Cockerell, Sydney Carlyle, Sir, 1867-1962.
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
- Freeman, John, 1880-1929.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Rosenberg, Isaac, 1890-1918.
- Trevelyan, George Macaulay, 1876-1962.
- V. Payen-Payne, de (Vinchelés Payen-Payne), b. 1866.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo