Harris, A. Lincoln.
Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
Advertisements and reviews of plays comprise the contents in the scrapbook. The majority of articles, however, deal with the accomplishments of black people especially in sports.
An actor and producer, A. Lincoln Harris reportedly was the first black playwright to feature black people in dramatic works. He produced several plays among them "The Advanced Negro," " Waena," "High Life in Haiti" and "A Trusted Friend" that featured the Lincoln Harris Players founded by Harris.
Controlled Access Terms
- Harris, A. Lincoln.
- Johnson, Helen A.
- Lincoln Harris Players.
- Helen Armstead-Johnson Theater Collection.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- United States.
- African Americans in the performing arts.
- African American actors.
- African American entertainers.
- Theater -- Production and direction.
- Reviews (Criticism)
Additional Creator Name
- Schomburg NEH Blacks on Stage: African-American Theater Arts Collections Project.