- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Alexander Crummell Papers, 1837-1898.
Crummell, Alexander, 1819-1898.
- Originals: 3.2 lin. ft.
- Copies: 2 microfilm reels.
Researchers are restricted to microfilm copy.
Letters addressesd to Crummell discussing personal and religious interests and Crummell's missionary work as an Episcopalian in Liberia in the 1850s through 1860s. Bulk of the collection consists of numerous sermons preached inWashington, D.C. and other American cities, England, and Liberia. Sermons, in addition to discussing religious matters, concern his work in Liberia, the role of the family, and other subjects.
Clergyman, teacher, missionary.
Controlled Access Terms
- African Americans -- Religion.
- African American Episcopalians.
- Missions -- Liberia.
- African American families.
- United States -- Religious life and customs.
- Liberia -- Religious life and customs.
- England -- Religious life and customs.
- African American clergy.
- African American missionaries.