Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
The collection consists of photocopies of printed materialobtained by CBS News through the Freedom of Information Act from the Federal Bureau of Investigation File on the Black Panther Party.
The Black Panther Party. F.B.I. File collection contains an organizational chart and rules of the Party, transcripts for two movies produced by the Black Panther Party, a Panther coloring book with captions, Party propaganda, news clippings about the party, information about organizing black student unions, printed material onexplosives, and booklets on riots distributed in ghetto areas. Additionally, there are speeches by Eldridge Cleaver and Stokely Carmichael, news clippings and other printed matter about the breakfast for children program, liberation schools, and black nationalist anti-Semitism. Afile of speeches by William C. Sullivan, F.B.I. director about revolutionary extremism, communism and African Americans, and civil disorder and academic communities completes this collection.
Controlled Access Terms
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Black Panther Party.
- Antisemitism -- United States.
- Black power -- United States.
- African Americans -- Relations with Jews.
- Political parties -- United States.
- African Americans -- Political activity.
- African American college students -- Political activity.
- United States -- Race relations.
Additional Creator Names
- Carmichael, Stokely.
- Cleaver, Eldridge, 1935-1998.
- Sullivan, William C.