Alvary, Lorenzo, 1909-
Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound
- 1859 sound recordings : analog.
- 9 sound tape reels : analog ; 5 in.
- 1545 sound tape reels : analog ; 7 in.
- 71 sound tape reels : analog ; 10 in.
- 240 sound cassettes : analog.
Access restricted; Advance notification required for use. For access to the collection, contact the curator of the archive.
Collection consists of recordings of the radio program "Opera Topics" from broadcasts on WNYC. Includes notebooks containing press releases describing the subjects discussed in chronological order.
Lorenzo Alvary, a hungarian born operatic bass, hosted theradio program titled "Opera Topics" between 1963 and 1984.It aired principally on WNYC, New York, and consisted of interviews with contemporary opera singers, historians, and impresarios, as well as reports of operatic performances from around the world. Selected guests include: Claudio Abbado; Licia Albanese; Ezio Flagello; Boris Goldovsky; Herbert Graf; Dimitri Kabalevski; LauritzMelchior; Gian Carlo Menotti, among many others.
Controlled Access Terms
- Radio programs.
- Singers -- Interviews.
- Conductors (Music) -- Interviews.
- Opera -- Production and direction.
Additional Creator Names
- WNYC (Radio station : New York, N.Y.)
- Opera Topics (Radio program)