Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound
- 42 sound tape reels : analog, 7 1/2 ips, mono.; 7 in.
Access to original items restricted; advanced notificationrequired for use.
These recordings, collected by Harrison W. Davis, offer a representative selection of addresses made by Franklin Delano Roosevelt during his presidency. The bulk of the collection consists of sixteen of the thirty-one "FiresideChats" (four recordings are incomplete), and ten State of the Union addresses, dating from 1936 to 1945 (the addressof January 6, 1945 is incomplete). In addition, the collection contains addresses to Congress delivered on May16, 1940, on December 8, 1941, and on March 1, 1945, as well as speeches made at the 1940 and 1944 Democratic National Conventions.
Controlled Access Terms
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
- Presidents -- United States -- Messages.
- Presidents -- United States -- Inaugural addresses.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1931-1945.
- United States -- Economic policy -- 1933-1945.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945.
- Sound recordings.
Additional Creator Names
- Davis, Harrison W. col
- Gift of Harrison W. Davis.