- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Lanny Ross collection of recorded radio broadcasts
Ross, Lanny, 1906-1988.
- 325 sound discs : analog.
- 287 sound discs : analog, acetate, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- 38 sound discs : analog, acetate, 78 rpm, mono. ; 10 in.
Access restricted ; advance notification required for use.
Collection consists of non-commercial recordings collectedby Ross of his song performances on radio programs, and includes performances of songs that he composed. The most prominently represented programs in the collection are the Camel Caravan; (Franco-American presents) the Lanny Ross Show; and Lucky Strike Presents: Your Hit Parade.
Lanny Ross was a composer and singer of popular songs, known in particular for his performances on radio. He was born in Seattle, Washington, on Jan. 19, 1906. His career on radio began in 1928 and continued for more than thirty years.
Controlled Access Terms
- Popular music -- 1931-1940.
- Popular music -- 1941-1950.
- Radio programs, Musical -- United States.
- Sound recordings.
Additional Creator Names
- Camel caravan (Radio program)
- Lanny Ross show (radio program)
- Your hit parade (Radio program)