Unger, Arthur. ivr
Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound
- 1173 sound cassettes : analog.
Collection is open to the public. Users never directly handle sound recordings. Listening selections are transmitted through a playback system.
This collection contains the tapes of Mr. Unger's interviews with television, film and stage celebrities. Most of the interviews were made from 1965 through 1998 for use in conjunction with Unger's article writing activites. They include interviews of Alfred Hitchcock, Al Pacino, Buzz Aldrin, Alfre Woodard, the Beach Boys, Isaac Asimov, Bette Davis, Connie Chung, Derek Jacobi, Glenda Jackson, Helen Hayes, Muhammad Ali, Lucille Ball, Tom Brokaw, Redd Foxx, Katharine Hepburn, Bill Moyers, Tony Orlando, and many others. Also includes copies of recorded press conferences.
Arthur Unger was the TV critic for the Christian Science Monitor. He taped his interviews with television personalities and used those tapes as his notebooks for writing articles for various publications.
Controlled Access Terms
- Celebrities -- Interviews.
- Actors -- Interviews.
- Journalists -- Interviews.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- Interviews.
Additional Creator Names
- Aldrin, Buzz. ive
- Asimov, Isaac, 1920-1992. ive
- Woodard Alfre, 1953- ive
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942- ive
- Ball, Lucille, 1911-1989. ive
- Brokaw, Tom. ive
- Chung, Connie, 1946- ive
- Davis, Bette, 1908-1989. ive
- Foxx, Redd, 1922-1991. ive
- Hayes, Helen, 1900-1993. ive
- Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003. ive
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980. ive
- Jackson, Glenda. ive
- Jacobi, Derek. ive
- Moyers, Bill D. ive
- Orlando, Tony. ive
- Pacino, Al, 1940- ive
- Beach Boys. ive