- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Allan Cunningham manuscript material
Cunningham, Allan, 1784-1842.
- 3 items
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Sir John Bowring, politician, diplomat, and writer :1 autograph letter signed : 30 Jan 1830 : (MISC 4023) 43c : begins, "Mr. Chantrey would be glad to see you on Tuesday morning at about ten o'clock." Mounted in the MaryAnn Humble autograph album. Shelved with oversized manuscript volumes.
· To John Murray, publisher : 2 autograph letters signed : -- 29 Mar 1840 : (MISC 1361) : answering a query about Cunningham's friend George Borrow, the writer. The identity of the recipient is not entirely certain. -- ca. June-Nov 1841 : (MISC 1349) : begins, "Mr. Thomas Wilkie porposes to call on you today at 2 o'clock to confer with you about the Life of his brother Sir David ..."
Allan Cunningham, Scottish poet and songwriter.
Controlled Access Term
- Cunningham, Allan, 1784-1842 -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Bowring, John, 1792-1872. rcp
- Murray, John, 1778-1843. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925 (CStRLIN)NYPW03-A5