Clairmont, Wilhelm Charles Gaulis, 1831-1895.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· Holograph diary, 1861 : (CL'ANA 0177) : in English. Shelved in Pforz BT.
· To his parents, Charles and Antonia Clairmont : 28 autograph letters signed : 1849-1870's : (CL'ANA 0054-0061)(CL'ANA 0097-0117) : some in English. Note the secondbatch of letters is addressed to Antonia only (after Charles had died).
· To Claire Clairmont, member of the Shelley circle (his aunt) : 116 autograph letters signed : ca. 1849-1870's : (CL'ANA 0041-0053) (CL'ANA 0065-0095) (CL'ANA 0244-0315) :in English ; mostly letters of family interest. Housed in gray card boxes; shelved in Pforz BT.
· To Paola Clairmont, his sister : 2 autograph letters signed : ca. 1870's : (CL'ANA 0316-0317) : in English ; letters of family interest.
· To Ottilie Clairmont, his wife : ca. 250 autograph letters signed : ca. 1850's-1870's : (CL'ANA 0118-0156) (CL'ANA 0421) : mostly in German. Note: (CL'ANA 0421) consists of 211 family letters in bundles, *mostly* from Wilhelm to Ottilie, with a few Paola Clairmont letters interspersed. Housed in gray card boxes; shelved in Pforz BT.
· To unknown recipient : 1 autograph letter signed : 26 Mar 1858 : (CL'ANA 0027) : in German.
Wilhelm Charles Gaulis Clairmont, also known as William, nephew of Claire Clairmont. He was married to Ottilie Caroline Anna von Pichler, and together they were known affectionately to friends as "Willy and Tilly."
Controlled Access Terms
- Clairmont, Clara Mary Jane, 1798-1879 -- Family.
- Clairmont, Wilhelm Charles Gaulis, 1831-1895 -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Clairmont, Antonia Ghi(s)lain d'Hembyze, 1800-1868. rcp
- Clairmont, Charles Gaulis, 1795-1850. rcp
- Clairmont, Clara Mary Jane, 1798-1879. rcp
- Clairmont, Ottilie Caroline Anna von Pichler, 1843-1913. rcp
- Clairmont, Paola, 1825-1891. rcp
- Clairmont, Paola, 1825-1891.
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925