Borlase, William, 1695-1772.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Jeremiah Milles, dean of Exeter : 1 autograph lettersigned : 1 Oct 1764 : (MISC 0372) : responding to a seriesof questions inspired by Milles's recent tour through the North of Cornwall, including discussion of the origins Tintagel Castle and other ancient ruins in England.
William Borlase, English geographer and studier of pre-Christian Britain. He wrote several books on British geography and antiquity, often focusing his interest on Celtic ruins.
Controlled Access Terms
- Borlase, William, 1695-1772 -- Correspondence.
- Geographers -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Correspondence.
- Antiquarians -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Correspondence.
- Great Britain -- Antiquities.
Additional Creator Names
- Milles, Jeremiah, 1714-1784. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925