- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Bligh manuscript material
Bligh, William, 1754-1817.
- 1 item
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Frederick Pollock, lawyer and future judge : 1 autograph letter signed : 14 Jan 1816 : (MISC 0630) : advising a Mr. Wylde not to go to New South Wales, and giving reasons.
William Bligh, naval officer and colonial governor. While in command of the transport ship Bounty in the South Pacific, Bligh's crew mutinied, the story of which later served as inspiration for many novels and films. Bligh briefly served as governor of New South Wales, Australia from 1806-1808.
Controlled Access Terms
- Bligh, William, 1754-1817 -- Correspondence.
- Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Officers -- 19th century -- Correspondence
Additional Creator Names
- Pollock, F. (Frederick), Sir, 1783-1870. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925