- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Marianne Baillie manuscript material
Baillie, Marianne, 1795?-1831.
- 1 item
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To John Murray, publisher : 1 autograph letter signed ;13 Aug. [1819?] (MISC 2004), third person, begins: "Mrs. Alexr. Baillie's Compts. to Mr. Murray, and if he ever extends his rides ..." ; in William Upcott album of collected letters of eminent women.
Marianne Baillie, travel writer and poet. John Murray published her First Impressions of a Tour upon the Continent in 1819, one of the first accounts of the grand tour written by a woman.
Controlled Access Terms
- Baillie, Marianne, 1795?-1831 -- Correspondence.
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Poets, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Murray, John, 1778-1843. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925