- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Lord Auckland manuscript material
Auckland, George Eden, Earl of, 1784-1849.
- 2 items
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Fanny Eden, his sister : 1 autograph letter signed :20 Nov 1827 : (B'ANA 0365) : giving news of London society,"Nothing very good at the play but I was there last night and found friends in every box -- Cowpers, Tankervilles, Lambs, Ponsonbys, &c. &c. -- Lady Caroline Lamb is out of danger for the present but not likely ultimately to recover ..."
· To Thomas Love Peacock, novelist : 1 autograph letter signed : 16 Oct 1846 : (P'ANA 0007) : begins, "I am greatly obliged ..."
George Eden, earl of Auckland, politician and governor-general of India. He and his sisters Emily Eden and Fanny,who kept house with him, were esteemed members of Whig society.
Controlled Access Terms
- Auckland, George Eden, Earl of, 1784-1849 -- Correspondence.
- Lamb, Caroline, Lady, 1785-1828.
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Governors general -- India -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Eden, Frances, 1801-1849. rcp
- Peacock, Thomas Love, 1785-1866. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925