Arch, John, fl. 1792-1838.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To William Godwin : 1 autograph letter signed : 16 Feb.1828 : (G'ANA 0021) : offering "... a few volumes which would furnish authentic information on the subject in question [the Quakers]; ..." Godwin wrote about George Foxand the Quakers in vol. 4 of his History of the Commonwealth of England, Chapter XX. This letter is answered by Godwin in (G 0305). Filed with Pforz MS (G 0305).
John Arch, of "John and Arthur Arch," Quaker publishers and booksellers. He refers to William Godwin as an "old acquaintance." William Pickering (1796-1854), publisher and bookseller, apprenticed under John and Arthur Arch from 1810-1818.
Controlled Access Terms
- Arch, John, fl. 1792-1838 -- Correspondence.
- Godwin, William, 1756-1836. History of the commonwealth of England.
- Quakers -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Publishers and publishing -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Godwin, William, 1756-1836. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925