Aikin, John, 1747-1822.
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· Holograph verse, "An epigramatic [sic] verse on a political writer of the day" : 11 Apr [no year] : (MISC 4023) 01b : 4 lines referring to Burke and Cooper, signed on verso with letter fragment. Title provided in another hand. Mounted in the Mary Ann Humble autograph album.
· To Mary Hays, writer : 5 autograph letters signed : 27 Sep 1803 - 14 Jan 1805 : (MISC 2147-2151). These letters are published in Marilyn L. Brooks's edition of the correspondence of Mary Hays.
· To Rev. William Shepherd at Gateacre : 1 autograph letter signed ; 15 Mar 1807 (MISC 2385).
· To an unidentified correspondent : 1 autograph letter signed (fragment) : [no date] : (HWD 08.016) : top portionof letter missing; addressing his correspondent as "your Lordship." Within the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
John Aikin, the English physician and writer best remembered for his children's book Evenings at Home, a collaboration with his sister, the poet Anna Letitia Barbauld.
Controlled Access Terms
- Aikin, John, 1747-1822 -- Correspondence.
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- English poetry -- 19th century -- Manuscripts -- Specimens.
Additional Creator Names
- Hays, Mary, 1759 or 60-1843. rcp.
- Shepherd, William, 1768-1847. rcp.
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925