- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
John Wolmut collection, ca. 1905-1945.
- .6 linear ft. (2 boxes).
Four published piano-vocal scores of operas with Wolmut's holograph stage directions interleaved and with mounted typescript notes and markings by Wolmut.
Under the name of his birth Hans Wohlmuth, John Wolmut wasa stage director for City Center Opera ca. 1945. He emigrated from Austria in 1938 and taught at Mannes and Curtis Institute before going to the Midwest in 1947.
Controlled Access Terms
- Stage directions.
- Opera -- Production and direction.
- Musical scores.
- Wohlmuth, Hans.
Additional Creator Names
- Albert, Eugen d', 1864-1932. Tiefland.
- Debussy, Claude, 1862-1918. Pelléas et Mélisande.
- Rossini, Gioacchino, 1792-1868. Barbiere di Siviglia.
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. Evgeniĭ Onegin.
- City Center of Music and Drama (New York, N.Y.)
- American Music Collection.