Kalkbrenner, Friedrich Wilhelm Michael, 1785-1849.
Original in Locked Case with restricted access.
Kalkbrenner asks Moscheles to sign a receipt for the sale of 2 concertos and gives news: music of Neate and Potter is being played by the Philharmonic Society rather than Beethoven symphonies; Cramer just missed breaking his thumb in a freak accident; Madame Pasta had a successful debut; and Kiesewetter played like a demon.
Author and recipient were pianist-composers active in Europe.
Controlled Access Terms
- Kalkbrenner, Friedrich Wilhelm Michael, 1785-1849.
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827.
- Cramer, J. B. (Johann Baptist), 1771-1858.
- Kiesewetter, Christoph Gottfried, 1777-1827.
- Neate, Charles, 1784-1877.
- Potter, Philip Cipriani Hambly, 1792-1871.
- Pasta, Giuditta Maria Costanza, 1797-1865.
- Royal Philharmonic Society.
Additional Creator Name
- Moscheles, Ignaz, 1794-1870.