- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Standish Backus family papers, 1800-1942
Backus, Standish, 1875-1943.
- 1.08 linear feet (1 box, 5 volumes).
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref
The Standish Backus family papers consist of correspondence concerning his genealogical research on theStandish, Backus, Boyer, and other families as well as thedata and family documents he assembled including letters, deeds, printed ephemera, photograph albums, ancestral charts, and family crests. Also present is an illustratedEuropean travel journal kept by Standish Backus, 1890-1891.
Standish Backus (1875-1943) was a corporate lawyer and president of the Burroughs Adding Machine Company from 1920-1943.
Controlled Access Terms
- Backus, Standish, 1875-1943.
- Backus family.
- Boyer family.
- Curtis family.
- Standish family.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Photograph albums.
Additional Creator Names
- Backus, Charles Kellogg, 1843-1894.
- Standish, John Dana, 1817-1884.
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Collection.
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.