Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 3.4 linear feet (8 boxes).
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref
The collection consists of administrative files, writings,correspondence, printed matter, video recordings, and artifacts documenting his participation in several AIDS activist organizations, including ACT UP New York, United for AIDS Action, and Third Wave International, as well as a small amount of personal papers.
Aldyn McKean (1948-1994), a gay rights and AIDS activist, was a founding member, spokesman, and grassroots organizerfor ACT UP New York. He represented that organization, among others, at international AIDS conferences and demonstrations.
Controlled Access Terms
- McKean, Aldyn.
- ACT UP New York (Organization)
- AIDS activists -- United States.
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) and the arts.
- AIDS (Disease) in mass media.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Political aspects.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment -- Government policy -- United States.
- Gay activists.
- Video recordings.