- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Prayer book in the Nipissing language, circa 1830.
- 1 v. (131 leaves in various foliations) : ill. ; 21 cm.
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Microfilm must be used in lieu of original volume.
Roman Catholic prayer book with prayers for the mass and hymns with music, in the Algonquin Nipissing dialect of Lake of Two Mountains, Québec, Canada. The text is annotated with various dates from the 1830s and 1840s. Several line drawings of religious objects include chalices, a monstrance, and crosses.
Controlled Access Terms
- Catholic Church -- Hymns.
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions -- Nipissing.
- Algonquian languages -- Texts.
- Hymns, Nipissing.
- Indians of North America -- Québec (Province) -- Oka.
- Nipissing language -- Texts.
- Prayer books.