Leslie, Alexander, ca. 1740-1794.
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Originals: .3 linear foot.
- Copies: 1 microfilm reel.
Microfilm must be used in lieu of original manuscripts.
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence and documents (some transcripts) pertaining to the British Army command at Charleston, South Carolina, during the American revolution. Bulk of the correspondence is letters from General Leslie and Colonel Nisbet Balfour (commandant of Charleston under Cornwallis). Documents include military warrants, accounts, orders, and reports.
Alexander Leslie (ca. 1740-1794) was an officer in the British Army.
Controlled Access Terms
- Leslie, Alexander, ca. 1740-1794.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- British forces.
- Military records.
Additional Creator Names
- Balfour, Nisbet, 1743-1823.
- Clinton, Henry, Sir, 1738?-1795.
- Scott, Edward.