- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Alexander Anderson papers, 1795-1870
Anderson, Alexander, 1775-1870.
- .2 linear ft.
Correspondence, notebooks, and transcripts from Anderson'sjournals, 1795-1798; autobiographical sketch, 1848; notes and letters on Anderson's death and funeral; and other papers. Includes letters from his mother, Sara Anderson, 1795; notes on botany and stenography; lists of botanical names; a chronological table of Roman emperors; and memoranda of Anderson's visit to the West Indies, 1799. Some of the notes are in Latin and were collected by EvertA. Duyckinck.
Wood-engraver and physician of New York City.
Controlled Access Terms
- Physicians -- New York (N.Y.)
- Botany -- Nomenclature.
- Botany -- Study and teaching.
- Shorthand -- Study and teaching.
- West Indies -- Description and travel.
- Rome -- Kings and rulers.
Additional Creator Names
- Anderson, Sara.
- Duyckinck, Evert A. (Evert Augustus), 1816-1878.