Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 1 v. (53 leaves) ; 16 cm.
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Microfilm must be used in lieu of original volume.
The owners' account book, in chronological order by year, lists expenses and income from hauling brick, stone, coal and other commodities on the Hudson River, listing frequent dockage charges for New York. Credit entries record the amount and kind of freight, name of customer and income by trip.
The sloop Victory of Glasco, Ulster County, N.Y. was ownedby John V.L. Overbagh and William Thorp in the middle decades of the nineteenth century. In the late 1860s they sold the sloop to Captain Ira Cooper of Athens, N.Y.
Controlled Access Terms
- Victory (Sloop).
- Brick trade -- Hudson River Valley (N.Y. and N.J.)
- Shipping -- Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)
- Sloops -- New York (State) -- Glasco.
- Account books -- New York (State) -- 19th century.
- Shipowners -- New York (State) -- 19th century.
Additional Creator Names
- Overbagh, John V.L.
- Thorp, William.