Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 15.5 linear feet (39 boxes).
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Video and sound recordings are unavailable until duplicated. Contact the Manuscripts and Archives Divisionfor further assistance.
The Ken Auletta papers contain correspondence, typescripts,galleys, research materials, sound recordings and a video recording representing his writings, including feature articles for The New Yorker, his Daily News column, and several books. Correspondence (1975-1993) contains letters from prominent figures in politics, business and the media reacting to Auletta's work. Writings are documented by typescripts and galleys with revisions by Auletta and/or Jacob Epstein, his editor at Random House, and research materials, including interview transcripts and subject files containing clippings, press releases andsome correspondence. Also present are notebooks (1983-1993) used for his Daily News column and other work; soundrecordings (mainly interviews and speeches recorded as research material for his books and articles); and a video(1995) recording an event at which Auletta was the speaker.
Ken Auletta (b. 1942) is a journalist and author known forhis coverage of political, governmental and economic matters, often focused on New York; since the early 1990s he has written mainly about the media and communications industries.
Controlled Access Terms
- Auletta, Ken.
- Lehman Brothers.
- Schlumberger Limited.
- Daily news (New York, N.Y. : 1920)
- New Yorker (New York, N.Y. : 1925)
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives.
- Finance, Public -- New York (State) -- New York.
- People with social disabilities -- United States.
- Poor -- United States.
- Press -- United States.
- Securities industry -- United States.
- Television broadcasting -- United States.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Economic conditions.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Manuscripts for publication.
- Sound recordings.
- Video recordings.
- Journalists -- United States.
Additional Creator Names
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- Cuomo, Mario Matthew.
- Epstein, Jason.
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009.
- Koch, Ed, 1924-
- Moynihan, Daniel P. (Daniel Patrick), 1927-2003.
- Wagner, Robert F. (Robert Ferdinand), 1910-1991.