- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
World Government News, Inc. records, 1943-1952, bulk (1946-1951)
World Government News, Inc.
- 30 linear feet (57 boxes).
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence, administrative and financial records, photographs, and printed matter relating to World Government News, Inc. and its publication. General correspondence, 1946-1951, is of theeditors with individuals and organizations involved in theworld federal movement in the U.S. and abroad and with branches and chapters of United World Federalists, Inc. concerning the sponsorship of resolutions and referenda onworld government. Other correspondence pertains to advertising and subscriptions. Administrative records include minutes, 1946-1950, of the Board of Directors' meetings and of the international editorial board, internal memoranda, circulation statistics, questionnaires,and materials about fundraising dinners. Also, financial records, morgue file of printed ephemera, file of publications issued by world federalist organizations (including issues of World Government News for 1943-1952),and photographs of personalities and events relating to world federalism.
World Government News, Inc., of New York City, published World Government News, a monthly news bulletin which reported on trends in the world federalist movement, from 1946 to 1952. The periodical was edited by Tom O. Griessemer, Stewart M. Ogilvy and Hugh Nash.
Controlled Access Terms
- World Government News, Inc.
- Federal government.
- International organization.
- Journalism -- United States.
- Periodicals -- Publishing -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Publishers and publishing -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Serial publications -- United States.
Additional Creator Names
- Canfield, Cass, 1897-
- Clark, Grenville, 1882-1967.
- Farmer, Fyke.
- Griessemer, Tom O.
- Lloyd, Georgia, 1913-
- Nash, Hugh, 1923-
- Ogilvy, Stewart Marks, 1914-
- Usborne, Henry Charles, 1909-
- Van Doren, Carl, 1885-1950.
- Committee to Frame a World Constitution.
- Crusade for World Government.
- Federal Union (U.S.)
- Foundation for World Government.
- United World Federalists (U.S.)
- World Association of World Federalists.
- World Republic.
- Commoncause (Chicago, Ill. : 1947)
- World government news.