- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Bertram David Wolfe papers, 1924-1937.
Wolfe, Bertram David, 1896-1977.
- 1.5 linear feet (5 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence, typescripts of Wolfe's writings, mimeographed materials, clippings, and other papers relating to the activities of the Workers (Communist) Party of America, the All-American Anti-Imperialist League, and the Spanish Civil War. Includes correspondence and writings of James N. Sager.
Bertram David Wolfe (1896-1977) was an American author of books and articles on Russian and Hispanic history and culture. He wrote biographies of Diego Rivera, Rosa Luxemburg and Lenin.
Controlled Access Terms
- Wolfe, Bertram David, 1896-1977.
- Communist Party of America.
- All-American Anti-Imperialist League.
- Authors, American -- Political activity.
- Communist parties -- United States.
- Anti-imperialist movements -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939.
Additional Creator Name
- Sager, James N.