Williams, Richmond B. (Richmond Barnes), 1903-1986.
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 1.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Travel journals of Williams are in the form of original typescript copies arranged in chronological order and theyrecord every aspect of his travels from their inception and planning to the return home. Journals of trips abroadbegin with his trip, 1925-1926, to Great Britain and the Continent. Succeeding trips took him to most of the countries of Europe, North Africa, the Near East, Central Asia, and the Far East. His travels in North America were mainly in the period of 1930s to 1950s.
Richmond Barnes Williams (1903-1986) was an American business executive and world traveler. He worked in the Long Lines Dept. of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company from 1926 until his retirement in 1968. He traveled extensively in the U.S., Canada and abroad.
Controlled Access Terms
- Williams, Richmond B. (Richmond Barnes), 1903-1986.
- Voyages and travels.
- Africa, North -- Description and travel.
- Asia -- Description and travel.
- Canada -- Description and travel.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Russia -- Description and travel.
- United States -- Description and travel.