- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Isaiah Thornton Williams papers, circa 1833-circa 1921
Williams, Isaiah Thornton, 1819-1886.
- 38 linear feet (43 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of the legal papers of Isaiah T. Williams and other members of his family. Materials include case files; legal correspondence, 1833-1915; personal correspondence and papers of I.T. Williams, Elliot Williams, Kenneth Williams, and Thornton Williams; bills and receipts, 1849-1921, including shop receipts; financial papers; and printed matter, such as court calendars.
Isaiah Thornton Williams (1819-1886) was an attorney in New York City and Westchester County, N.Y. He was involvedin state and national politics and was acquainted with prominent literary and political figures.
Controlled Access Terms
- Williams, Isaiah Thornton, 1819-1886.
- Law -- Cases.
- Law firms -- New York (State)
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence.
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- To 1898.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1849-1877.
Additional Creator Names
- Greeley, Horace, 1811-1872.
- Williams, Elliot.
- Williams, Kenneth.
- Williams, Thornton.