- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Cyrus Williams papers, 1812-1862.
Williams, Cyrus, 1783-1863.
- .8 linear foot (3 boxes, 1 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of correspondence, business records, land papers, diaries of Cyrus Williams, and papers of three of his children. Business and family letters concern the education of Williams's children, temperance, missionaries, and other topics. Includes record book of the Williams Manufacturing Company; minutes of the company,1813-1828; ledgers; diary, 1812-1846; account books; land papers concerning properties in New York, Connecticut and Michigan; and other family records. Also, papers of three of Williams's children: letters, 1831-1842, and an exercise book of Martha Williams, wife of Reverend C.S. Sherman, a missionary to the Holy Land; letters of Joanna Williams, 1823-1825; and notebook of Thomas Wheeler Williams containing list of members of the Philomathian Society of Yale College in 1833 and the order of performances.
Cyrus Williams (1783-1863) was a merchant and cotton manufacturer of North Stonington and New Haven, Connecticut.
Controlled Access Terms
- Williams, Cyrus, 1783-1863.
- Williams, Isaac.
- Sherman, C. S.
- Yale College (1718-1887). Philomathian Society.
- Education -- Connecticut.
- Temperance -- Connecticut.
- Cotton manufacture -- Connecticut.
- Mills and mill-work -- Connecticut.
- Real property -- New York (State)
- Real property -- Connecticut.
- Real property -- Michigan.
- Fire insurance.
- Missions -- Palestine.
- College students -- Societies, etc.
- Connecticut -- Commerce.
- Account books.
Additional Creator Names
- Williams, Joanna.
- Williams, Martha.
- Williams, Thomas Wheeler.
- Williams Manufacturing Company.