Wharton, Thomas Kelah, 1814-1862.
Manuscripts and Archives Division
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of seven volumes of diaries describingWharton's activities in the social, educational, literary,and artistic life of New Orleans. Four of the diaries anda sketchbook contain his pen and ink sketches, mostly of places mentioned in the diaries, and some architectural drawings.
Thomas Kelah Wharton (1814-1862), architect, was superintendent of construction of the Customs House in NewOrleans, La.
Controlled Access Terms
- Wharton, Thomas Kelah, 1814-1862.
- Art -- Collectors and collecting.
- Yellow fever -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Confederate States of America -- History.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social life and customs.
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Architectural drawings.