Watkins, Abiathar, 1818-
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 1.3 linear feet (5 boxes).
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of papers of Abiathar Watkins and his wife Emily L. Watkins. Includes family correspondence andletters from friends, Emily Watkins's journals and domestic accounts, and stagecoach way-bills. Emily Watkins's journals document her treatment under the care of James C. Jackson at sanatoriums in western New York.
Abiathar Watkins (1818- ) owned and managed a stagecoach line in upper New York State.
Controlled Access Terms
- Jackson, James Caleb, 1811-1895.
- Watkins, Abiathar, 1818-
- Watkins family.
- Coaching (Transportation) -- New York (State)
- Sanatoriums -- New York (State)
- Therapeutics -- New York (State)
- New York (State) -- Social life and customs.
Additional Creator Name
- Watkins, Emily Lewis, 1824-