- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Albert Marshman Palmer manuscript material
Palmer, Albert Marshman, 1838-1905.
- 1 item
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Edgar Mels, newspaper editor and theatrical writer :1 autograph letter signed : 24 Nov 1899 : (B'ANA 0236) : from The Richard Mansfield Co., 13 & 15 West 28th Street, New York (printed stationery) : begins, "Mr. Mansfield hasreferred to me your play, entitled 'Thyrza', and I return it to you herewith. I have read it very carefully and withconsiderable interest - it is not, however, suited to the cares of Mr. Mansfield, nor do I think that the character of Lord Byron is one which any dramatist could make acceptable to him for stage representation ..."
Albert Marshman Palmer, American theater manager and entrepreneur.
Controlled Access Terms
- Palmer, Albert Marshman, 1838-1905 -- Correspondence.
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824 -- In literature.
- Theatrical managers -- United States -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Mels, Edgar. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925