Manuscripts and Archives Division
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection contains papers of the related Pinchbeck, Sturges and Trask families. Pinchbeck family section consists of letters, 1835-1836, to Sarah Ann Pinchbeck from her brother, Benjamin Henry Holland, relating to his travels, shipbuilding, service with army of Texas in 1836,and personal matters. Sturges family papers are letters, 1866-1902, from Peter D. Sturges to Sadie Trask before andafter their marriage and concern his travels in the U.S. and the Caribbean, copper mining in Globe, Arizona, and family affairs. Papers of Benjamin I.H. Trask, 1848-1927, pertain to real estate holdings in New York City and otherbusiness matters.
Controlled Access Terms
- Pinchbeck family.
- Sturges family.
- Trask family.
- Copper mines and mining -- Arizona.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Shipbuilding industry.
- Caribbean Area -- Description and travel.
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836.
- United States -- Description and travel.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Claims.
Additional Creator Names
- Holland, Benjamin Henry.
- Pinchbeck, Sarah Ann.
- Sturges, Peter D.
- Trask, Benjamin I. H.
- Trask, Sadie.