Auster, Paul, 1947-
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
- 225 manuscript boxes (94 linear ft.)
Restricted access; request permission from holding division.
The archive comprises material related to the publication of six novels in preparation by Auster during this period;material related to the publication of five nonfiction monographs; and material related to the production of several films. Also here is material related to the National Public Radio broadcast of The National Story Project. The stories submitted for this project were later collected in I Thought My Father Was God, edited by Auster, and also documented here. Additional material includes drafts of four plays, material related to the composition of two poetry monographs, material related to several works of translation, and a baseball game Auster invented. Material written by others, including creativeadaptations and scholarly analysis of his work, is also included here.
The archive also contains significant incoming and outgoing correspondence, and includes letters to and from writers and friends; agents and publishers; translators, readers, students and organizations.
Paul Auster (b. 1947) is a Brooklyn-based novelist, screenplay writer, poet, essayist and translator.
Controlled Access Terms
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Moon palace.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Leviathan.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Music of chance.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Mr. Vertigo.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Timbuktu.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- -- Correspondence.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- In the country of last things.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- I thought my father was God.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Blue in the face.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Smoke.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Lulu on the bridge.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Art of hunger.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Red notebook.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Invention of solitude.
- Auster, Paul, 1947- Hand to mouth.
- Motion picture plays.
- Fantasy baseball (Game)
Additional Creator Names
- Anderson, Laurie.
- Banks, Russell, 1940-
- Bernstein, Charles.
- Coover, Robert.
- Corbett, William, 1942-
- DeLillo, Don.
- Dupin, Jacques.
- Ford, Richard, 1944-
- Grossman, David, 1934-
- Holland, Agnieszka, 1948-
- Muldoon, Paul.
- Ondaatje, Michael, 1943-
- Padgett, Ron, 1942-
- Pamuk, Orhan, 1952-
- Petit, Philippe.
- Royet-Journoud, Claude.
- Rushdie, Salman.
- Simic, Charles, 1938-
- Tuten, Frederic.
- Tompkins, Calvin, 1925-
- Waits, Tom, 1949-
- Waldrop, Keith.
- Waldrop, Rosmarie.
- Waits, Tom.