William and Richard Dry (tailors)
Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Thomas Jefferson Hogg, friend and biographer of Percy Bysshe Shelley : 1 itemized bill and letter signed "W & R Dry" : 23 Nov 1811 : (HG'ANA 0002) : [no place] : letter begins, "Have herewith sent as a bove which we hopewill meet your Approbation." Published in Shelley and his Circle, v. III, p. 60.
· To Percy Bysshe Shelley, poet : 2 items : -- 1 letter signed "W & R Dry" : 29 Dec 1813 : (S'ANA 0274) : from Oxford : begins, "We are much disappointed at your not having settled the above Account ..." Published in Shelleyand his Circle v. III, p. 270. -- 1 itemized bill : 25 May1811 : (S'ANA 0275) : listing sixteen items and services totaling £25.10.0; the first item listed is "A Superfine Olive Coat Gilt Buttns." Published in Shelley and his Circle, v. IV, p. 828.
· To William Whitton, Shelley's lawyer : 1 letter signed "W & R Dry" : 7 Jan 1814 : (S'ANA 0276) : from Oxford : begins, "We have this day receivd a Letter from T. ShelleyEsqr, for us to direct our Correspondent in London to waiton you ..." Published in Shelley and His Circle, v. III, p. 271.
William and Richard Dry, tailors, of High Street, Oxford (cf. Pigot's directory).
Controlled Access Terms
- Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822 -- Clothing.
- William and Richard Dry (tailors) -- Correspondence.
- Tailors -- England -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Hogg, Thomas Jefferson, 1792-1862. rcp
- Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822. rcp
- Whitton, William. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925