- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Maloney collection of McKim-Garrison family papers, ca. 1814-1940.
- 2 linear feet (4 boxes, 2 v.).
- Charles F. McKim and James Miller McKim papers: 1 microfilm reel.
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of personal papers of Charles Follen McKim, James Miller McKim, James H. Garrison, William Lloyd Garrison, and others. Papers of Charles Follen McKim, 1857-1908, include correspondence, speeches, sketch,memorabilia, and printed matter. James Miller McKim papers,1828-1882, contain correspondence, accounts, biographical material, address books, scrapbook, and clippings. Garrison family papers consist of materials from James H. and William Lloyd Garrison and include correspondence, writings, diary, and biographical sketches; and correspondence by family members and others. Also, correspondence, 1903-1930, and other papers of Margaret McKim and William Maloney.
Charles Follen McKim (1847-1900), American architect, was one of the founders of the architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White. His father, James Miller McKim (1810-1874),was a clergyman and reformer who founded the New York Nation. William Lloyd Garrison (1805-1879), American abolitionist, published the Liberator and organized the American Anti-Slavery Society.
Controlled Access Terms
- Garrison family.
- McKim family.
- Architecture -- United States.
- Education -- United States.
- Antislavery movements.
- Underground railroad.
- United States -- Description and travel.
- United States -- Religion -- 19th century.
Additional Creator Names
- Garrison, James H.
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879.
- Maloney, Margaret Sarah McKim.
- Maloney, William Joseph Marie Alois, 1881-
- McKim, Charles Follen, 1847-1909.
- M'Kim, J. Miller (James Miller), 1810-1874.
- Phillips, Wendell, 1811-1884.
- American Anti-Slavery Society.
- American Freedmen's and Union Commission.
- McKim, Mead & White.