- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Waldegrave, 1st Baron Radstock manuscript material
Radstock, William Waldegrave, Baron, 1753-1825.
- 76 items
Restricted access; Pforzheimer Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
· To Elizabeth Craven, Margravine of Brandenburg-Ansbach-Bayreuth : 1 autograph letter : 4 Mar 1809 : (MISC 2754) :regarding a misunderstanding involving a "Made. de PM."
· To Jane Porter, novelist : 23 autograph letters signed : ca. 1807-1822 : (MISC 2751-2774) : friendly and personalcorrespondence on various topics including his health, hisfamily, and his work.
· To Messrs. Taylor and Hessey, publishers : 51 letters signed and one empty envelope : Feb - Dec 1820 : (MISC 1370) : mostly refering to the publication of John Clare'sPoems, published by Taylor & Hessy in 1820. Most letters in the hand of Radstock, some in the hand of an amanuensis. All letters are grouped together under one call number, but each letter is assigned an individual identification number (01 through 52).
William Waldegrave, 1st Baron Radstock, British naval officer and literary patron. He wrote The British Flag Triumphant (1806), a collection of tales of naval exploits,and the Christian study book The Cottager's Friend (1818).Radstock was instrumental in helping John Clare see the publication of his Poems Descriptive of Rural Life and Scenery (1820).
Controlled Access Terms
- Radstock, William Waldegrave, Baron, 1753-1825 -- Correspondence.
- Clare, John, 1793-1864.
- Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Officers -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Additional Creator Names
- Craven, Elizabeth Craven, Baroness, 1750-1828. rcp
- Porter, Jane, 1776-1850. rcp
- Taylor and Hessey. rcp
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle: Manuscripts, 1772-1925 (CStRLIN)NYPW03-A5