Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 1 linear foot (2 boxes, 2 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of family correspondence, account books, sermons, lectures, notebooks, and other papers. Includes journal and ledger, 1847-1865, of Timothy Horsfield; copies of letters sent to Joseph Kummer, of St.Croix, Danish West Indies, from his father, and other members of the family, all of whom were members of the United Brethren Church (Moravians) and lived in Bethlehem and Nazareth, Pa.; accounts, 1804-1824, of Joseph Horsfield for legal services, seeds, farm produce, nurserystock, and labor; tailoring business accounts of Jacob Kummer, of Nazareth, Pa.; memoirs of the life of Sister Elizabeth Horsfield, written by her children; and sermons,1857-1873, by Rev. Joseph Kummer.
Controlled Access Terms
- Horsfield, Elizabeth, Sister.
- Horsfield family.
- Kummer family.
- Church of the United Brethren in Christ (1800-1889)
- Moravians -- Pennsylvania.
- Bethlehem (Pa.) -- Religious life and customs.
- Nazareth (Pa.) -- Religious life and customs.
- Nazareth (Pa.) -- Commerce.
- Saint Croix (V.I.) -- Religious life and customs.
- Account books.
Additional Creator Names
- Horsfield, Timothy.
- Kummer, Joseph.
- Kummer, Jacob.