Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 12.39 linear feet (33 boxes)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref
Collection consists mainly of correspondence and professional papers reflecting Ballard's life as a gay man,both in military and civilian life, and his work as a museum curator. Correspondents include Ballard's friends,family, classmates, and colleagues. Also included is correspondence (1944-45) from Lockett Ford Ballard, Sr. tohis sister, Margaret, and to his mother while he was convalescing from wounds received while serving with the U.S. 3rd Army in France. Professional papers relate to hisgraduate school work, and to his work at the Litchfield Historical Society and the Old State Capitol Restoration Project. A small quantity of personal miscellany.
Controlled Access Terms
- United States. Navy.
- Litchfield Historical and Antiquarian Society (Litchfield,Conn.)
- Gay men -- United States.
- Gay military personnel -- United States.
- Museum techniques -- United States.
- Museums -- United States -- Management.